Here at Three Ships, our mission has always been to provide high-quality, natural beauty products at affordable prices while staying transparent, whether with the ingredients we use or the price we charge.
2021 has been full of uncertainties, and we have had to be agile and respond to these changes. Therefore, after careful consideration, we decided to make pricing adjustments to some of our products in order to continue providing the highest quality products to our customers.
How Did We Maintain Our Accessible Prices Before?
Before talking about the price changes, we want to explain how we were able to sustain our accessible prices before the global pandemic.
Using Stock Packaging
- Instead of having customized packaging for each product, we used the same standard bottle across multiple products, which means we can order large quantities of the same unit. For example, we use the same bottle for our Cleansing Oils as we do for our Purify Aloe + Amino Acid Gel Cleanser.
Keeping Manufacturing Local in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
- We save shipping costs by not transporting materials and manufactured products around the world. We also have excellent quality control when working with local manufacturers.
Avoiding Using any Filler Ingredients
- By removing these ingredients that do not have any proven purposes from our products, we are able to pass along the cost savings to our customers with a lower price.
Why Are We Changing the Prices?
This year we were heavily impacted by the global supply chain issues and surging shipping costs due to the pandemic. To give you some context:
- Our shipping costs have increased by 500% for manufactured products.
- Our cost of raw materials, including packaging and ingredients, have increased between 20%-40%.
Due to these impacts, we have been struggling to keep the prices of some products low, while not cutting corners, as we would never compromise on the quality of our products. Thus, price increases have become inevitable. However, we tried to maintain the price increase to only a few products, so our customers can still shop most products at the original accessible price.
What Prices Are We Changing?
The products that we are increasing the price of are listed below. Please note that these price changes vary depending on the country.
In the U.S.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your understanding and support, and we hope everyone has a great start to the new year!